1. Have a “click here” for every affiliate link on your site. It is good to actually tell visitors what to do, so there is no confusion.
2. Give visitors what they want, good quality content and lots of it. Articles, tips, newsletter archives and details of each product or service on your site is always a welcome to the visitors.
3. Choose the graphics carefully. Lots of graphics slow sites down and your affiliate goal is to get your visitor to click your affiliate link. If your web site takes a long time to load your visitor may just leave and not even get a chance to click your affiliate link.
4. Use a simple layout with a prominent, easy to find link to each major page on your site.
5. If you offer a newsletter, make it very easy for people to sign up by having subscribe details on every page of your site.